Hello friends. This is the review of Trombone Champ, an addicting hilarious music rhythm game with bright graphics, phenomenal trombone-y re-masters, and interesting mechanics! Similar to what Guitar Hero has made for guitar fans, this game from Holy Wow presents gamers with a different and quite original (in gaming terms) musical instrument – a trombone!
Developer: Holy Wow Publisher: Holy Wow Genre: Rhythm Game, Casual, Indie Release Date: 16 Sep 2022 Reviewed on: PC/Windows Available on: PC/Windows Link: Steam Review copy was provided.
- Bright, colorful and cheerful graphics,
- Game oozing attention to detail, and is very polished,
- Real-life trombone players are verifying that this is as close to actually playing the trombone without buying one,
- Full of humorous references – guaranteed to make you laugh,
- Replayability is high in the form of card collecting (unlocking cards through “Toots” acquired during song-playing) and other cosmetic upgrades,
- Passionate community of modders adding songs and charts (using a 3rd party application),
- Limited default selection of songs & charts,
- Same set of mechanics throughout the game,
- No Steam workshop integration (yet),
- Some can be put off due to the increased difficulty even to the “slowest” scroll speed
Graphics: 8 Sound: 9 Gameplay: 9 Fun Factor: 10 Final Verdict/Overall: 9,2 Time to beat: ~4 hours (for current content)