Hello friends. This is the review of GRIME, a fast and unforgiving Action-Adventure RPG in which you crush your foes with living weapons that mutate form and function, and then consume their remains with a black hole to strengthen your vessel as you break apart a world of anatomical horror and intrigue.
Developer: Clover Bite Publisher: Akupara Games Genre: Metroidvania, Souls-like, Platformer Release Date: 2 Aug 2021 Reviewed on: PC/Windows Available on: PC/Windows, XBOX Series X/S, XBOX One, PS4, PS5 Link: Steam Review copy was provided.
- Graphics and animations are visually stunning and well detailed, elevating the grim set of the game,
- Great variety on dark environments and scenery,
- Engaging and satisfying combat, with plenty of ways to tackle each encounter, mainly due to the:
- Large selection on “living” weapons and unique skills to choose from,
- Killing challenging bosses will grant you new and engaging abilities you can use throughout the game,
- Colors of Rot free DLC released adding a new area, new bosses, new abilities, new enemies etc.
- Some (boss) encounters could use a challenge tweak,
- Does not revolutionize the metroidvania/souls-like genres,
- Deaths come mostly by complicated platforming,
- Performance optimization is needed for some parts of the game.
Graphics: 8 Sound: 8 Gameplay: 7 Fun Factor: 7 Final Verdict/Overall: 7,4 Time to beat: ~18 hours
This post was first published on overage-gaming by static. If you like what you see here and want to see more, you can check me out on Twitter and YouTube as well.