Hello friends. This is the review of Dark Light, a Sci-fi platformer, Metroidvania, souls-like game. As a Dark Hunter, you must explore the depths of a post-apocalyptic world and take down the supernatural forces that lurk in the shadows. Kill, gain, upgrade, build skills and emerge as the saviour of the Dark World.
Developer: Mirari&Co. Publisher: Maple Whispering Limited Genre: Action, Metroidvania, Souls-like, Platformer Release Date: 29 Sep 2022 Reviewed on: PC/Windows Available on: PC/Windows, Mac, Nintendo Switch Link: Steam Review copy was provided.
- High quality graphics and animation – especially weapon effects are gorgeous,
- Drone adds an interesting mechanic to the mix,
- Every run can be different with ever-changing enemies and temporary power-ups,
- Unique “Pixel Mode” adds classic old-school graphics,
- Decisions affect builds
- Controls might need some tinkering to get them right,
- Hitboxes on enemies and player need some adjusting
Graphics: 8 Sound: 7 Gameplay: 8 Fun Factor: 8 Final Verdict/Overall: 7,9 Time to beat: ~12 hours